Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spring Training 5K Challenge

button

I haven't participated in this link-up in a while, even though I am still running and plan on participating in the virtual 5K on June 1!  You should all head on over to Katie or Kim's blog and join in on the fun!

Yesterday was my first day back at running after my week-long break.  And boy, could I feel it.  It was only a 2 mile run, and I was struggling the entire time.  Even after the first couple of minutes, I was contemplating turning around and heading back to the car.    :-\     It was ugly, people.  I will never take a week off again.  

I didn't run the whole time, but I did work hard to run when I could.  I kept finding landmarks to run to.  I couldn't help but feel really down on myself.  But I need to remember that it will get better again - I know I'm not taking steps back all the way to the beginning.  I'll be okay.  I just need to keep pushing.  And most of all - I'm proud of myself for getting back out there again.  It would have been really easy to take another rest day!

I also did Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body (Up only premix) workout before my run.  My arms are feeling it today!!  I know how important weight training is, and I'm going to really focus on that while training for my 10K.  

That's it for today.  Short and sweet.  Make it a great one!!

2 comments: