Thursday, May 9, 2013

40 Minutes or Less

Morning!  I'm a little tired this morning, so I hope my post makes sense today, lol.  The coffee hasn't kicked in yet!

Yesterday I ran 3.2 miles exactly.  Well, I didn't run the whole time.  I had to stop several a few times.  I'm not too worried about that - I know I won't be the only one taking walking breaks.  And seeing as I've never run before, I'm not going to expect to run the entire thing on Sunday.  But I won't lie - it would certainly be nice.  So according to my MapMyRun App, I ran 3.2 miles in a little over 40 minutes.  Seeing as a 5K is 3.1 miles, I'm making my goal for Sunday to finish in less than 40 minutes.  Yep, I run slow.

But at least I run!

----

I have no idea what to get my mom for Mother's Day.  This happens every year, and then I end up just getting her some flowers (to plant).  I feel bad - but seriously, what do you get for someone who has everything they need??  I'm terrible at gift-buying.  I may need to make a trip to Patina - I just discovered them, and they have really cute gift ideas and other cute little trinkets and decorations!  And sorry non-Minnesotans - they only have stores in Minnesota.

That'll be on my to-do list on Saturday - right after my hair appointment.  I scheduled a cut and color - I need to get some highlights or something.  I'm still not sure what to do about the cut.  I don't want to go short - I've never liked short hair (on me), but I need something different.  Probably a cut around my collarbone with some side-swept bangs.  I really like this cut....


I think it would be good for my thin hair.  I'm excited - I love getting my haircut!! I should get my forests eyebrows waxed too - but I don't want to be breaking the bank.  I'll just have to do a lot of plucking (I hate plucking - I'd rather get it over with in one swipe).  

----

Oh, and I stepped on the scale today (this is what happens when I leave the scale out - I weigh myself every day).  I'm still holding strong at 155.2!  I'm thinking lowering my calories has done the trick!  We'll see what my Monday weigh-in brings.    :)  

That's it for today - make it a great one!

3 comments:

  1. I love that hair cut. Good luck with your race. My goal for my first 5k was under 40 mins too. I came in with just a few seconds to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, looks like we have somewhat the same goal! Trying to do that within 50 mins though. I'm not as fit I guess :(

    ReplyDelete