Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Random

Hey everyone - hope your days are going great.  Mine is going much better than yesterday - thank you to those who gave their 2 cents.  I really appreciate it!  I know I have a lot of work to do on myself, and when I started this blog, I was hoping to use it as a tool on this journey toward self-acceptance (and weight loss, of course).  Thanks for hanging in there when my posts are a little Negative Nancy!

Moving on.  I don't have much to talk about, so I'll just kind of type and see where it leads!   :)    I've been going to the gym less and less as the weather gets nicer.  I'm thinking I'll be freezing my membership for the summer very soon.

It's great running outside.  One downside, though, is that it's a little harder to run outside.  I've been struggling trying to run for 30 minutes straight.  Monday I decided to turn on my C25K App (just so I could get a check on it as finished), and also opened up MapMyRun.  I decided, no matter how long it took, I would run 3.2 miles.  It took me about 43 minutes, but that's with walking as a warm-up and cool-down.  Today I'm going to turn on MapMyRun after my warm-up, and see what happens.  I'd like to get a good estimate of what Sunday will be like.  Well, that's if the course is relatively flat.  I suppose I should go look at it?  I'll be going on Friday or Saturday to pick up my shirt, race bib, and wristband - so I'll be able to at least look at it then.  Annndd...the race is at Mall Of America - I may just have to do some shopping.    :)


----

I really need to start getting better at taking pictures.  I know I say that all the time, and nothing ever happens.  I just have never been a picture-taker - probably because I've always hated the way I look (big shocker, I know).  I think I need to start a challenge for myself - like take a picture a day or something.  I'm going to put my thinking cap on and report back.  I just hate how I'm always searching for Google images rather than using a more personable approach to this little old blog.  I should also probably start writing my posts at home, and not at work.  It'll be a lot easier to upload pictures that way.    :)     Expect a post on my plan this week!

----

An update on my Birthday Month challenge.  I haven't been keeping track of points (you should all know me enough by now and you should know that I tend to either procrastinate or not follow through, ha!).  BUT!  I have been staying within 1200-1400 calories per day, regardless of whether I workout or not.  And it's not as bad as I had made it seem to be, and I'm certainly not starving (remember, I'm only 5'1" - not everyone can do the 1200 calories/day thing).  I guess to get the results I want, I just have to buck up and do it - I'm not 5'8" or maintaining.  I'm 5'1", and trying to lose.  I need to keep reminding myself of those two things.

Water - that's another story.  I've always been terrible at drinking my water.  I saw a really HUGE water bottle at Target the other day.  Ever since I saw it, I've wanted to go back to get it.  I guess I should have bought it when I first saw it.  I always do that!!  I'll be going to get that this weekend - I need a new one for work.


Working out in the morning?  I don't know why I torture myself.  I haven't done it once.  I just can't do it.  I'm not a morning person, and I never will be.  I know that, yet I continue to come up with these grand plans to get up at the crack of dawn and start two-a-days.  Not gonna happen.  Never.  EVER.  So stop it, Heather!

----

Okay, that's enough randomness for today.  I should probably get back to work.  Happy Hump Day, and make it a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the race for the cure too! I decided to do it with my mom and sister, it will be the first time either of them have done a 5k! I doubt we will run it all, because neither of them trained, but it will be a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Sunday! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete