Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fit Test, Measurements, & This Is Where I'm At

I touched on my stats a little bit throughout the week last week.  Yesterday I completed a Fit Test, took my measurements, and looked at all my stats.  It's not pretty, peeps.


My measurements are worse than what they were in the beginning of the year, and my weight is at an all-time high.  My highest weight ever was 162.  I'm at 159.  That's scary.  Here's the cold, hard truth.

Weight / Measurements
Weight: 159 (up almost 8 pounds)
Chest: 44" (up one inch)
Waist: 36" (up 2 1/2 inches...yikes)
Belly (love handles): 43" up 2 1/2 inches)
Hips: 42.25" (up 2.25 inches)
Thighs (L/R): 24.75" / 24.75" (both up)
Arms (L/R): 11.75" / 12" (both up)

Fit Test Results
This is my first time completing this Fit Test.  It's part of the Peak Fit System, which I'll be talking about a little at the end of this post, and in more detail this week.  This test will be completed again in 8 weeks.  The following is the number of reps I was able to complete in 1 minute.

Prisoner Squats: 39
Alternating Front Lunge: 34
Burpees: 16
Squat Jumps: 38
Push-ups (on my knees): 19....I hate push-ups
Ankle Grabbers: 19
Sit-outs: 18
Plank to Frogs: 15
Fence Hoppers: 41
Side Lunge to Jump Shot: 28

Calories
I came to the conclusion that I eat, on average, 1700-2000 calories/day.  More on the weekends.  Calorie counting does not work for me - we've already established that.  I'm going to keep adding baby steps little by little and focus just on that.  But I will be checking in every other week.  Every other week, starting on Thursday, I'm going to track my calories for that day - just to see where I'm at.  I think this will work for me, because I pretty much eat the same things every day.  Weekends are another story, and that will come in its own time.

Peak Fit Challenge
I know I said yesterday that I would only be working on drinking more water, and watching what I eat when eating out; but I do actually love exercise.  It keeps me going.  When I don't exercise, my eating tends to slip.  I knew I needed a program like Xtrain again to keep me going.


A few weeks ago, I ordered the Peak Fit System.  And it is awesome.  I've previewed most of the DVD's, and even downloaded some of the DVD's that weren't included in the program, because I loved the music so much.  They're remixes and basically something in addition to the program when I complete it.  I may be subbing them in for other DVD's toward the end if I get bored.

I'll go more in-depth with the program as time goes on.  Yesterday I just did the Fit Test as the first workout.

----

To say that writing this post was difficult and embarrassing for me is an understatement.  But it can only get better.  I have a feeling that taking small steps is going to create huge accomplishments for me.

3 comments:

  1. counting calories does not work for me either! It just plain sucks! I heard the peak program is so much fun, and you get results. Can't wait to read about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of the peak program but, I looks like it provides variety which is always a plus. I am currently trying to use fitpal.com to count my calories I am not doing well and I only post when I am doing good or at least think I am. Like you I have to get it together the scale is moving up and up.

    Good luck things well turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the Peak Fit System, but it looks pretty comprehensive! That's a lot of DVDs.

    I let myself get within a few pounds of my highest weight ever, too. It is scary, but facing it and making a plan to do something about it is the important part. It would be much easier to do nothing! But you're not, you are recording the numbers and making a new start.

    ReplyDelete