Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dear Gym: I Wish I Could Quit You!

Remember way back when I was training for my first (and only, so far) 5K?  When I was religiously going to the gym almost every day?

Well, that's about to happen again.  No, not the 5K training - but I will be going back to the gym.  I put my membership on hold for the summer, thinking, "Oh, it'll be so nice out!  I can run outside and do exercise DVD's and save money!"

Sure, I saved money.  But where else did it get me?  I gained weight, and I didn't do a damn thing all summer.  After a lot of contemplation this past weekend, I decided I'm going to lift my membership hold early, and go back to classes at the gym.

And I couldn't be more pumped. Classes are what have kept me consistent in the past.  Sure, my wallet will suffer a little more.  But if I go more than 8 times a month, I get a $20 discount.

I'm ready!  And so far, my weekly schedule is looking like this....

Monday: RIPPED
Tuesday: Rest or bike ride outside
Wednesday: TurboStep!!!!  Going back to my favorite class!! And Chisel Plus
Thursday: Circuit
Friday: Rest or bike ride outside
Saturday: TurboStep and Chisel Plus
Sunday: HIIT, Chisel, and Ballet Barre (maybe, if I'm feeling up to it)

Guys, I'm so excited to be going back to the gym.  I think this is one of the best decisions I've made, in relation to my health, in the last few months.  I'm looking forward to bringing the gym back in to my life!!

2 comments:

  1. It is so funny cuz its really hard for me to workout at home! I get so distracted! It works for some people though!
    And that is awesome they give you a discount if you go over 8 time a month. Good motivation to get people in there more too for sure!

    ReplyDelete