Monday, October 20, 2014

Moving Forward – Part 5

Monday Cartoon 10-20

It’s Monday!  Today wasn’t as bad as your “typical” Monday (and thank God it wasn’t “the world’s longest Monday”, ha!).  I was pretty tired, which is to be expected, but the day went by mighty fast.  And ending the day with Garfield is never a bad thing.

It’s finally time for the final part of my moving forward series.  Today I’m talking about the scale. 

No Scale

There will be no scale.  I’m not sharing the number I saw tonight, and the scale has gone in the closet.

Need proof?

Hide the scale

Right next to the toilet paper, because it can kiss my ass!!

I’m not sure when I’ll be taking it out again.  Maybe a month, maybe a couple months, maybe never.  it may not be the most interesting for a weight loss blogger to not track her weight.  People want results.  They want numbers.  But you know what?  People won’t get what they want if I have weekly weigh-ins, because there won’t be any progress.  And I’ll end up giving up, and I’ll end up not blogging again.  I don’t want that.

After I took a look at my past posts, I found that even when I was being really consistent with my workouts, it didn’t always show on the scale.  Eventually that led to my downfall, and I quit.  Because who wants to keep doing what they’re doing when there are absolutely no results on the scale?

I’m done worrying about that number.  Instead, I’ll be tracking my measurements (coming tomorrow), and taking progress pictures every 30 days.  It may not be that number on the scale, but I think it’s still something a reader of a weight loss blog would want to see.

So there you have it.  The end of my series, and the beginning of my new (and final) journey.  It will be a work in progress – everything always is. 

Let’s get started!!

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment