Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Busy Busy

I’ve gotten behind in my blogging again.  But just so you know, that does NOT mean that I’m not working on my health/fitness goals.  Life has just been crazy busy lately, and it’s starting to settle down again.

One thing that has kept me busy…..I signed up to be a judge for dance team!!!  I am so so excited about this.  I was so bummed when I had to drop out of the studio I was going to because it just cost too much.  But now I can sort of keep dance in my life, and get paid to do it!!  The pay was not the reason I decided to do it – it’s just a nice bonus! 

Saturday I had training – the entire day.  Training went from 7:30 to 6:00.  I was exhausted.  Judging is a lot harder than it may seem.  There are so many things you need to think of – it’s not just “Oh, i liked that routine” or “Oh, that was an average routine.”  Not only do you have to score about 10 different areas (technique, difficulty, etc), but if there’s a big discrepancy in scores, we always have a “Post Meet Conference” to go over our scores and give reasons why we gave the scores we did.  Plus there are people who have to count kicks (yes, you have to count kicks….with a counter device of course), and then there are people in a “tab” room, where you put all the scores together and rank everyone to where they placed.

After the training on Saturday, I headed over to my parents’ (about an hour drive) to watch the dog for the weekend while they were in California.  I ate and headed straight to bed once I got there.  Then Sunday was spent over at my brother’s house, and then a visit to see my Grandpa.

So needless to say, I’ve been busy, and haven’t had much time to sit and reflect on everything.  I’ll be back later to go over all that fun stuff with you.  For now, I gotta get back to work!!  Happy Hump Day!

 

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment