Friday, March 21, 2014

The Plan

It’s no secret that I’ve completely fallen off the wagon.  Just how much, though, is what you don’t know.  Last time I blogged, I mentioned that I was at my highest weight ever.  Well, now even that weight isn’t my highest weight ever.  I weighed myself this week, and it was not pretty.  I’m tipping the scales at close to 170 pounds, and at 5’1”, that does not look good on me.

So what’s a girl to do?  What I’d really like to do is find some fro-yo and swim in it (which, I’ll admit, I’ve been eating a lot of lately).

Cherry-Berry-Interior

But that’s not going to help the problem, is it?  So over the last couple of days, I’ve come up with a plan.  You all know how good I am at making plans.

There’s been so much fuss in the blogging world about the Advocare Cleanse, and most recently, the 21-Day Fix.  These all sound like great things, but in all honesty, I just don’t have the money right now to shell out for a program that I know will only work in the short run. 

So I’ve come up with my own program.  And it’s hard-core.  Because, well, unless you’re living under a rock, you know that Spring has sprung.  And it’s only a matter of time before summer rolls around.  I don’t know about you, but I do NOT want to spend another summer in pants.  Or in shorts and a top when I go swimming (or not go swimming at all – which is what happened last summer).

So let’s get started.

Exercise
It’s time for two-a-days (see the paragraph above – summer is coming!).  In the mornings, I’ll be going to the gym bright and early.  I’ll be doing the C25K program (again) in the mornings.  At night, I’ll finally be putting those DVD’s to use that I bought last year and never used.

PeakFit

Michelle Dozois’s PeakFit Challenge.  I love these DVD’s.  Sure, I didn’t stick to the program before, but I absolutely love Michelle.  She has a dancer background, like me, so her DVD’s really appeal to me.

Eating
Clean eating is the name of the game.  I’m not going to go completely strict here, though.  But I will be back to tracking calories and eating as clean as possible.  I got a lot of really good food ideas from Skinny Meg’s post yesterday, so I’ll be incorporating some of those foods. 

Every week I’ll be posting my Fitness and Nutrition plan for the week.  I’ll be posting how I’m doing, goals, and so much more.

I’m back.  This blog is back!  And I’m having a good feeling about this summer.  It’s time to change.  No more sitting back and watching the scale creep up.  It’s time to do something about it!!

Do It

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. I haven't heard of those DVDs, but they sound awesome. Hope this week has gone great!

    ReplyDelete