Tuesday, March 25, 2014

En Vogue

I'm so excited about this challenge that I'm doing, and it has gotten off to a great start.  I don't want to get in to a ton of detail, because I do plan on doing weekly check-ins to go over how the week went.  One thing I do want to talk about is my lunch.  I got my lunch idea from Skinny Meg - it's basically a bowl of quinoa, chicken, and lots of veggies.  I have to admit, yesterday it was a little bland.  The feta cheese I added made it pretty good though.  
But today?  Today I added avocado along with the feta cheese.  Omg, I was in heaven.  I just absolutely love avocados.  I can't believe I had never had one prior to a few years ago.  
Changing subjects - I just have to comment on this whole debacle with Kim and Kanye.
Now, I'm not a huge fan of them.  I'm actually pretty indifferent.  I don't love them, and I don't hate them.  I mean, it's not like they're murderers - but you'd think they are with the way some people act when they even hear their names.  
Anyway, my opinion?  They really don't belong on that cover.  I'm not a Vogue reader.  However, I can see why the fashion community (and the magazine's fans) are up in arms about it.  Think about it - it's kind of like false advertising.  Like how people get upset when they see a McDonald's ad pop up when they're browsing their favorite health and wellness blog.  It's like, what??  It doesn't make sense.  
But I also have to say, I'm glad that its editor is getting backlash.  Ever since her comment about Minnesotans, I haven't been a fan of hers.  Didn't hear about it?  This is what she said when she visited Minneapolis a few years ago....
"I'd just been on a trip to Minnesota, where I can only kindly describe most of the people I saw as little houses."
Um, excuse me?  No, we don't look like skeletons like you, Ms. Wintour.  In fact, Minneapolis has consistently been at the top when it comes to the fittest cities in the US.  She, and a lot of the fashion world, disgusts me.
So there's that.  My take on the whole situation.  As if it really matters, ha!  Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment