Friday, April 17, 2015

The Before….and The Struggles

Okay, it’s time to be honest.  Because what’s the point of having a blog to chronicle my (attempt at) weight loss if I’m just going to lie?  That’s right, there’s no point.   So it’s time to be real for a sec….

I really suck at sticking to things.  Now don’t run away!  This is not a post about me quitting the Bikini Series.  Far from it, actually.  But I did slip quite a bit this week.  And that is not acceptable, considering it’s only the first week of the challenge.  I only checked in twice this week on Instagram (so there goes my chance at an early weekly prize).  And I followed the eating plan maybe 1 1/2 days.  And worked out 3 times (out of 5). 

I guess you could call that somewhat of a success, but there is absolutely no excuse as to why I didn’t do better.  Especially with all the excitement leading up to day 1 of the challenge, and all the support I’ve gotten on Instagram. 

But that seems to be how it goes for me.  I do really well day 1, do sort of okay day 2, then start getting lazier and lazier as the week goes on.  And that keeps going until Sunday when I prep all my meals and get ready for the week, and it all starts over on Monday.  I applaud those of you who can stick to a plan for even a week, because I can’t seem to make it that far. 

I know I can’t get down on myself, and I just have to keep going, but that’s easier said than done.  But it’s my only choice.  Because you know what?  I took my before pictures a couple days ago. 

They were not pretty, and I literally cried when I looked at myself.  I am so unrecognizable, even to myself.  I can’t believe that I look like this.  I pretty much look like a ball on top of my toothpick legs.  It is unflattering, but more importantly, it is completely unhealthy. 

I don’t know if I want to share them on the blog, because they are absolutely hideous and embarrassing.  Maybe I’ll share them as I progress more into my journey.  But for now, they’re staying on my iPad, for only my eyes to see. 

I never thought I would get to this point.  I always thought that the 150s were where I’d be stuck forever.  And now I’m wishing I were still in the 150s, because that was much better than where I am right now.  I’m getting really close to that 200 mark.  I can NOT get there, and I’m promising myself, here and now, that I WILL NOT get there.  I will only go down from here on out, just like I promised in my first post back to blogging. 

Well that was a lot of rambling.  I’m not even sure what I was trying to get to….I guess I needed to vent (yet again).  I wish I could say I knew of a way to get me to stop destroying myself week after week.  I wish I knew how I could get myself through an entire week without slipping, and then another week, and another.  But right now I just don’t know.  I don’t know if it’s because I’m lazy, I’m not motivated….probably both. 

If anyone has any pointers or advice, I’m all ears. 

That’s it for now.  LOL, what a lovely Friday post.  I hope you all enjoy your weekend.  I’ll pop in soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment