Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bikini Series Start

Hey hey, it’s me again!  I’m so bad at posting regularly, but I’ll work on it!!

So last week I did a sort of “prep” to get ready for the bikini series.  I seriously cut back on my portions, did some Tone it Up workouts (not as many as I had wished, but more than normal), and tried my best to stick to a healthy eating plan.  I also really worked hard at creating a routine after work so that I wouldn’t mindlessly snack all night and negate everything I did during the day.  And guess what?  I lost 3.8 pounds!  Of course, I’m sure a lot of that was water weight, but I was excited to see the scale go down a bit.  My goal was to lose 2 pounds, so I definitely surpassed that goal.    :)Mermaid_Workout_1_1080p

(Source)

Now on to the Bikini Series, which officially launched on Monday (though, the meal plan started Sunday).  I was excited to get started, especially since I got my Stunner bundle in the mail with all these goodies on Saturday….

Bundle
I was pumped and ready to get planning so I could go grocery shopping!  I really love the journal that was included in the bundle.  I had originally planned on using my Erin Condren planner to track everything, but the journal is perfect for this Bikini Series! 

I did my grocery shopping on Saturday.  One of the recipes called for coconut meat.  I was wondering where the heck to get coconut meat, but decided I would head to Whole Paycheck Foods to get a coconut, and a couple other items that weren’t at Trader Joe’s.   Overall, the groceries weren’t too expensive….not much more than I normally spend, and my fridge is packed!  Don’t think I could squeeze anything else in there.

Sunday morning I got to work right away prepping the Perfect Fit Blueberry muffins that I needed to eat for breakfast that morning.

Muffins
(Please ignore the dirty oven, because….who really cleans their oven??)  While the muffins were baking I did their Set the Bar routine from their 2nd DVD, which is basically a run through of several moves where you do each move for a minute and record how many reps you did (burpees, push-ups, plyo lunges, etc)…..then at the end of the 8 weeks, I’ll do it again and see how much I’ve improved.

Breakfast

After my workout I ate my breakfast (2 Perfect Fit Protein muffins, strawberries, and almond milk) and planned a little more.  Although I was planning on following the meal plan, and it does look like it is fool-proof, I just don’t think it’s for me.  Some of the recipes look good, and I will try them out, but some of the foods just won’t work for me or my boyfriend.  I did buy all the ingredients that the meal plan called for, so I did waste a little money, but I’ll try utilizing the ingredients as much as I can for the rest of the week to make sure I don’t waste all of it.  I’m just more of a person who does better when I have things I actually like (a couple lunches call for a salad, which I did not like….I doubt it’s the salad, it’s just me, because I hate salads).  I’m going to use the plan going forward as a loose guide, and sub in things that I know I like, rather than thinking I might like the recipes and end up hating them. 

So there ya have it!  So far so good this week.  Well, other than my booty calls (the Tone It Up version of a morning workout).  I’m just not a morning person no matter what I do.  I’ll keep attempting, and this week my goal is to do at least one.  So far I’m 0 for 3. 

I’ll be checking in again this week.  Saturday will be my weigh-in days for the plan, since I plan on having my cheat meal on Saturday nights (so I obviously can’t weigh in on Sundays, ha).  Hopefully I can pop in for a sec on Saturday for sure to do a quick weigh-in post.

Have a good rest of your day, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for my Bikini Series updates (@myinnerbutterfly)!

2 comments:

  1. Hey that's a great start before the bikini series!!! This looks like a great plan, keep up the good work, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both looks so sexy with those bikini. Specially 2nd bikini's color is really awesome to me as well. And I appreciate this types of start. Thanks!!!
    nursing swimsuit

    ReplyDelete