Thursday, April 23, 2015

Circuit City

I am so so terrible at blogging.  That has obviously not changed since I came back to the blogging world!  I’m going to work on creating some type of schedule (kind of like my “stop eating the entire house after work and create a schedule” routine I came up with a few posts ago) so that I kick out more blog posts more consistently.

Anyhoo…part of the reason I didn’t want to blog is because I’m doing something terribly embarrassing.  Something I promised you guys I would not do.  Seriously I feel like I’m letting the world down when I do this, and I’m so embarrassed to admit it.  But if I want to blog more consistently, I obviously need to be honest, right?

I quit the Bikini Series.  I know.  After only, what?….a week and a half?  Well, I’ll still kind of be doing it.  I’ll be getting in a few booty calls (morning workouts) here and there, and those workouts will be the Tone It Up workouts, but I just felt like it wasn’t enough.  And don’t get me started on the many different pieces of technology I needed to use to get a workout in.  If I needed to do a workout from their most recent DVD, that was easy….just pop it in and I’m ready to go.  But then if I needed to do a workout from their second DVD, I had to turn on my computer and connect it to the TV (because I only have the digital downloads).  Then if it’s a YouTube workout that they post on their web site, I either have to connect my computer to the TV, or get on to YouTube through my Roku (which takes forever when I have to search for something). 

It was just starting to get inconvenient, and I felt like the workouts weren’t working me as much as I wanted them to.  I’m not saying they weren’t hard, but I’m definitely used to hardcore workouts leaving me drenched in sweat.  Some days I was lucky if I even had a little bit of sweat from their workouts (which is hard to believe, seeing I’m soooo out of shape and overweight).

So what’s a girl to do?  If you followed my blog before my hiatus….around the time I ran my 5K…..you’ll know that I love Cathe Friedrich.  She is the QUEEN of at-home workouts.  Recently, she finally added her On Demand subscription as a channel on Roku!!!  I was super pumped to see that.  So I subscribed to her On Demand (about $20/month), and pulled up the channel on my Roku. 

It was love at first sight.  I have access to ALL of her DVD’s (she literally has hundreds of DVD’s) – right at my fingertips!  It’s also nice so when she comes out with new DVD’s, I don’t have to buy them….I have them right away on my Roku (and it’s SO easy to get to the workouts!). 

catheOnRoku500px
So I marched right over to her forums, where there are (probably hundreds of) rotations.  Some are made by Cathe, some by other members.  I chose to do her Circuit City rotation she created back in 2007.  It’s basically a ton of circuit workouts.  You can see the rotation here.  I started the rotation yesterday, so today is actually “Tuesday” from the first week (I’ll be doing the Kick, Punch & Crunch workout), and next week I’ll get back on track.   I’ve also been walking on the treadmill at work for 15 minutes, twice a day.  I’m super lucky that we have a small workout area in the back at work with a treadmill, elliptical, weights, balls, bands, and even a TV!  So 2 15-minute walks….that’s a total of 30 extra minutes of movement every day!  I’m proud of myself for sticking to it.  Once the weather starts getting warmer, I’ll probably take my walks outside (in the afternoon, anyway….I’ve made a habit of watching the “Hot Topics” segment of The View every morning during my walk).

So that’s where I’m at.  Like I said, I’m super embarrassed to be admitting that I already quit the Bikini Series, but I’m very optimistic about this rotation and what it can do for me.  Now that I don’t need to hide with my tail between my legs anymore, I can post more often.    :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that you found her videos on Roku! Meant to be!

    ReplyDelete