Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh Hi There

Oy vey.  I just can not seem to get back on to the health train, can I?  It's been almost a month since I last posted - time sure flies!!


So a little update is in order.  First, I'm LOVING my new job!!  Seriously.  It keeps me busy, and the days just FLY by.  I love it when that happens.  At my old job, I was twiddling my thumbs already at 10:00, and counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until it was time to go home.  It made for a really long day, and not to mention, I got in a pretty bad habit of running to the vending machine multiple times a day (out of boredom), especially after they put Avanti markets in our cafeteria (it's like a convenience store for corporations).  Bad news bears right there.


But here?  I usually don't have time to eat a snack, or I completely forget about it altogether!!  We also have no vending machines here, which I think is a good thing.  Because I just can't control myself around those things.  We do have free soda in the fridge, but it's not my favorite (Pepsi, and the rest are diet), so I hardly ever drink it.

Thanksgiving was great.  I went to my parents' house, as usual, and spent Thanksgiving with the 'rents, my brother, his wife, and my niece and nephew.  Small gathering, but I like it that way.

Now I'm looking forward to Christmas!!  Well, not spending money.  My bank account is starting to look mighty small.  Hoping I get at least a little Christmas bonus, even though I just started a couple months ago!

On the healthy eating front, I'd maybe give myself a B-.  I'm certainly still trying, with my planning and prepping (some weeks).  But some days, I just don't want what I packed in my lunch.  Especially when I plan the same lunch every single day.  It's just hard living alone to be able to have a different lunch every day.  I feel like a lot of food would go to waste.  


Dinners lately I've been having Shakeology!  Yep, I bit the bullet and got that expensive stuff.  I've only had it a few days now.  I have it at night, because the first day I had it for breakfast, I was so tired come 1:00.  I seriously just wanted to collapse at my desk and do absolutely nothing.  Not sure where the energy comes from that everyone raves about - I sure don't get it.  That's why I have it at night, and I usually wake up pretty refreshed in the morning!!  It also helps my grocery bill, since I don't have to worry about dinners.   :)


The fitness front, I'm giving myself an F.  Yeah.  It's non-existent.  I come up with such great plans, and when the day comes to start it, I don't do it.  Then a day turns into a week, and weeks turn in to months......you get the picture.  I really need to get with the program and get motivated again.  I just don't know what to do.

Especially now with the weather getting bad.  It took me more than an hour to get home the last few nights because of snow.  Ugh!!!  Let the winter driving begin.    :(     It's going to suck.  By the time I get home, I want nothing to do with working out.  All I want to do is put on my PJ's and snuggle up on the couch to watch a Christmas movie.

---

That's it for now.  A little disappointing that I don't have anything motivating for you, but that's life.  I know things will turn around eventually.  As long as I keep trying!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have been wavering about buying Shakeology. I only cook for myself and its sooooo boring sometimes. I had the same thing for lunch like 6 days in a row. By day 6 I was like "I'm never having this again!"

    I'm so excited that you love your new job. Can't beat something that keeps you busy, that you like, and that pays you! :) Keep us updated on your fabulous life!

    ReplyDelete