Friday, November 15, 2013

Crossing My Legs

I've always heard of women complaining about not being able to cross their legs.  I've also heard the "NSV" stories of girls who could finally cross their legs after losing X amount of weight.  Truth be told, I've never really understood this.

Ever since I could remember, I've always been able to cross my legs.  But lately?  No.  It's really uncomfortable, and my lower leg typically sticks out so far, it almost looks like I'm crossing them in a "manly" way (you know how men cross their legs, with their ankle on top of their thigh).  Now I can finally sympathize with those women.  And I don't like it.

So on top of the weight gain this year, now I can not cross my legs.  Well, I can, but like I said - it hurts, and it's uncomfortable.  This is so disappointing to me, as I've always had great legs (from dance).  I've always gotten compliments, people telling me I have great legs.  Well, not anymore.

I realize that pretty much all my posts lately have been Debbie Downer, and I've been talking about how I need to make a change.  But I haven't made a change.  I have, however, made a plan.  A plan that is realistic.  A plan that will make these Debbie Downer posts disappear.

And most of all, a plan that will get my legs crossing again.


To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. How is your plan going? I have lost over 100 pounds and it isn't easy and for months I wanted to lose weight, but it would get hard and I would want to give up. Pushing yourself is hard and sticking with it, is even harder, but YOU CAN DO IT. If I can, ANYONE can. And the crossing your leg thing is so funny, I will never forget the first time I could do that again. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete