Friday, December 13, 2013

Where To Start?

It's obvious I haven't been blogging much lately, and it's also obvious that I've fallen off the "weight-loss train".  I still read blogs daily - that will never change.  And I want to continue to blog.  It's just that, lately, I feel like I don't even know where to start back up?  Like, what should I talk about?  I've already done introductions of myself and all that - I just don't know where to pick up where I left off.  I don't want to keep coming back here every couple weeks just to give an "update" and "I'm still alive" post.  That's boring.

Then I started thinking...well, Christmas is coming up.  And so is 2014.  The end of 2013 is getting closer and closer.  I still can't believe this year is almost over.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing my resolutions post for 2013.

So how about I pick up with that?  Let's review my resolutions that I had set out for 2013.  2013 was an okay year.  It seems every year, I eagerly welcome the new year, and say good riddance to the past year.  I don't think this past year was much different.  I did have a few ups, but also a few downs, just like anyone else.  And I'm excited to get this year over with.


That's no way to live your life.  I feel like I'm not living to my full potential, and not completely living...get what I'm saying?  Maybe it's that pesky quarter-life crisis.  2014 will be my last year in my 20s.


Yikes!  That's a scary thought.  So, um....let's not think about that right now.  Ignorance is bliss.    :)

What I'm trying to say is, I want to make 2014 the best year of my life.  I'm not trying to be cliche.  I'm serious.  This year is the year I'm going to do something about my life (I sound like Dr. Phil). 

 

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  Where were we?  Oh yes - 2013.

My resolutions for this year were...

Run my first 5K - A+!!  Read about my experience here.  I still remember how great I felt while I was training.  I felt on top of the world.  Even though I wasn't losing weight (which was my fault - I felt like I could eat whatever I wanted since I was running), I started to feel so confident in myself.  I want that feeling back.  

Reach my goal weight - Big, fat F.  Not only did I not lose weight, I gained a good 10 pounds since the beginning of the year.  I'm at my highest weight ever.  That's all I'm going to say about that....right now.

Complete the X-Train Series - A!  I had really good momentum going in to the new year.  I was consistent with working out, both in my running and the X-Train series.  I was super proud of myself.  But like you all know already - I lost momentum and have not been consistent since my 5K in the spring.

Get my budget under control - Um, I'd probably give myself a B-.  I managed to pay off two credit cards (Target and Maurices), and have two more to go (New York and Company and Victorias Secret).  I'll probably be paying my VS off for a while, but NY& Co. should be paid off within the next couple of months.  I was stupid and started getting out of control when it came to the credit cards.  Lesson learned.  I managed to get an increase in pay with the new job, and I was able to save money throughout the year.  Not bad., but could have been better.

Create a cleaning schedule/household notebook - C for effort.  I tried.  I'm just not a clean person (bahaha).  Really, though, I did have a few attempts, but I never managed to stick to it.  Notice that I have a problem staying consistent?

There ya have it.  Though I did accomplish a few things, I feel like 2013 could have been a better year.  And looking back now, I wish I would have set some better goals.  This year will be different.  

My new year's resolution post will be up soon!  Now go enjoy your weekend!!   :D

2 comments:

  1. I love your new years goals. I'm going have to set down and do mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2014 will be my last year of my 20s too :/ We will have to make it a great year for sure!

    Looks like you accomplished a lot and have a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete