Monday, October 7, 2013

Mondays Suck.

So true, Garfield.  So true.

So I stepped on the scale this morning.  I did not like what I saw.  Let me back up a bit....

This week, I really worked on being a little more consistent.  Well, during the week anyway.  I did workout 3 times, which was more than the last couple of weeks.  However, it certainly wasn't as much as I would have liked.  According to my schedule, I should have at least worked out 5 times.  Here's what the week looked like (what was planned is in black, what I actually did is in blue).

Monday: Pure Cardio | Pure Cardio
Tuesday: Pure Strength 1 | Pure Strength 1
Wednesday: Dynamic Flexibility & Core Dynamics | Rest
Thursday: Cardio Strength 1 | Cardio Strength 1
Friday: Rest | Rest
Saturday: Cardio Interval Burn & Anywhere Anytime Workout | Rest
Sunday: Rest | Rest

Obviously my weekends need a little work.

I would recap my goals for last week, but I forgot my food journal at home.  Grrrrr.  Not to mention I'm sick today - I feel the start of a cold coming on, with my head feeling stuffed, and my throat feeling scratchy.  This is shaping in to a lovely Monday.    :-\

Now back to the scale.  Considering I did a little better this week, I was at least hoping for a little bit of a loss.  Nope.

163.8

Before, it was 163.  Sigh.  I'm getting so frustrated.  It's as if no matter what I do these days, I can not lose weight.  What gives??  No, I haven't been 100% on point, but I should at least see some type of progress.  I remember a couple years ago, all I did was change my eating just a little bit, and exercise here and there, and I lost weight like nothing.  It's definitely frustrating.  Aren't the first couple weeks supposed to be the weeks when you lose the most weight??  I've lost nothing, and even gained weight.  Sometimes I want to blame it on birth control, and stop taking it just to see if that helps.  But I know that can't be it.  I've been on birth control for a couple years now.  Surely my body should have adjusted by now?

Sorry for the crappy mood Monday post.  I promise I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.  And I'll remember my food journal, so I can update you on how I did with my goals.  Just gotta keep going I guess.  What else can you do....

1 comment:

  1. Don't get down on yourself! Sometimes it just works out that way and it's frustrating. I got stuck at that weight during my first big weight-loss journey, now I'm just working towards that. If it were me, I would just try to make some kind of big drastic change. Shake it up a bit. I don't know exactly what that change would be, but it's so easy to get stuck in a rut. I notice that when I have weeks where I stay under my cals some days and go over my cals some days it feels like it shocks my body into working harder and I get good numbers that week. Or... find something different to add to your schedule - focus on drinking an insane amount of water for a week, try adding a salad before each meal, or try a new breakfast. I guess anything to shock your body into working for you again.

    Hope that helps any. I'd love for you to stop by Tips and Tricks Tuesday, going live later tonight with a giveaway. You might find some extra motivation or some new recipes there, and it'd be great if you linked up any advice you have.

    I hope that scale starts moving for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete