Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hump Day & Pure Strength

Hello, and happy hump day - the camel's favorite day!  Well, I haven't heard any news yet, but it is only 9:00, so I'll make sure I update as soon as I hear word.  It's hard to explain it without saying what it is - and I can't really talk about it right now - so I'm going to have to leave you hanging.  Sorry!   :)

{FITNESS IN REVIEW}
Time to talk about Peak Fit!  So yesterday I did the Pure Strength 1 workout.  Normally I don't like to do strength workouts just because it doesn't burn as many calories as cardio, but this workout had my heart pumping, and I was sweating!  I really enjoyed this workout.  It was 55 minutes, but it seriously felt like it was only about 20 minutes.  It was fun, and very fast-paced.

The first group of exercises targets the back (you do back exercises for about 5 minutes), and the next group of exercises targets the chest (another 5 minutes).  The last 30 seconds or so in the 5 minutes, you do kind of a total body exercise, utilizing the specific body part.  After going through the back and chest, you start over again and do the groups of exercises again.

Then she moves on to 5 minutes of legs, then 5 minutes of arms (shoulders, biceps, triceps).  Then again, the two groups are repeated.  I did not get bored.

Obviously, it's not like a Cathe workout, where you lift heavy, but I felt it worked me pretty well.  You use a set of light weights, a set of heavy weights, and a band (the band included in the set was way too hard and thick.  I had to get out my TurboFire band!!).  Again, I didn't wear a heart rate monitor.  I need to remember to wear one.  Today it looks like an eas(ier) workout - Dynamic Flexibility + Core Dynamics.  Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I do body pump classes and usually i am so beat my the end of it..sometimes even more than my cardio sessions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I used to BodyPump classes too. They did get my heart rate up - they just started to get a little boring and repetitive after a while! I'm sure some day I'll go through a phase of doing them again, though. :)

      Delete