Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Still Plugging Along

Well, I’m not sure where to start this blog post.  I always hate these types of posts where I have to “explain” myself after going silent for so long.  I’d like to say my very sporadic updates will improve, because it seems every time I say I’ll start updating more, I disappear again.  So let’s just start off with an update on where things are at, and just go from there.

Last time I posted, it was right before my 30th birthday, and I was just getting back into the swing of things when it comes to exercise/diet.  Obviously I fell off the wagon, but I’ve been doing good here and there, and have even been working out consistently for a week now.  I’ve found that the best way to approach my workouts is to just number my workouts – don’t assign a day to them.  Because when I do that and something comes up, I fall off.  I tend to have that “all-or-nothing” approach.  So instead of saying “Monday is this workout, Tuesday is this, etc…” I start with day 1.  Then the next day I workout I move to day 2.  If I miss a day, then the next time I workout, I do day 3.  It’s been working really well, especially in the mental aspect of it.

Eating of course has always been my weakness.  But I’ve come up with a different approach in that department.  I’m working on doing weekly challenges where I focus on just a couple things.  This week, I’ve been focused on no soda, no take-out/delivery/fast food (all meals prepped at home – it doesn’t have to necessarily be “clean” or whatever – this has really helped), no watching TV while I’m eating, journal my meals/workouts, and 2 cups of water a day (I told you – baby steps).  This has been working really good for me so far. 

A lot of times people just jump in to things all gung-ho thinking they’re going to do it all and lose 10 pounds a week.  That’s not helpful, and it can definitely destroy your weight loss efforts.  It’s best to start with baby steps and work your way up.

Another thing I’ve been thinking up lately is a YouTube channel.  I have literally been obsessed with YouTube channels lately, and I’ve subscribed to so many.  They’re so fun to watch, and it’s so easy to get sucked in to that world for hours on end!!  It’s definitely a plus when there’s nothing to watch on TV.  So yeah, I was thinking of starting up a YouTube channel to chronicle my weight loss.  If I do, I’ll obviously share the link here as soon as I upload my first video.  Only problem is – I don’t have any fancy equipment or anything like that.  So I’ll definitely have to wing it. 

So that’s it for now.  I’m still here, still trying, still plugging along.  I can’t promise when I’ll update again, but I’ll keep trying in that department too.  Not like anyone reads this blog or anything on the regular…LOL.  But anyway, hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment